About Me

My photo
This is the blog where I talk about the latest movies I've seen. These are my two Schnauzers, Rufus (left) and Marley (right, RIP). As of now, the Double Hollywood Strikes are officially over. May the next strikes not last as long as these ones did.

Monday, April 1, 2019

Jethro the Cat Part 4

One more part, I realize,
will make the poem easy on the eyes.


Elsewhere, Jethro was wandering all by his lonesome.
It was no surprise that he’d not succumb to boredom.
“Now that I’m not with a group, I can see action.”
He was then met with some of the Gamemaster’s faction.
“Attention, you cat. Yes, you there.” One of them said.
“It’s time that we put you down.” Another declared.
To their threats, it was known that Jethro did scoff.
He looked at them for seconds, and he gave a big cough.
“You insult our threats; we can’t forgive that.”
The enemy leader stated before he faced Jethro the Cat.
In no time at all, the battle was finally resolved.
It was Jethro who won; the threat he dissolved.
In the Gamemaster’s lair, they told him what occurred.
And as for a response, this is what they all heard.
“My way prevails! To have it defied is totally absurd.”
“But if it makes you better, I’ll verify your word.”
With this declaration, the Gamemaster went off to war.
To face the cat whose minions’ egos he’d made sore.

There was a great field that had never seen sunlight.
That was where Jethro and the Gamemaster met for a fight.
The Gamemaster was shocked when Jethro called him the Sire.
“You said you made the rules, or am I a big liar?”
“If you called the shots, then you do control it all.”
“Your thoughts are too fast,” the Gamemaster said.
“But somehow, you’ve hit the nail right on the head.”
“I’ll now shift the scene; I’ll change the location.”
And then, just like that, they were right in his dungeon.

The animals met each other again; it was not a great time.
Mainly when Jethro mocked Vance’s feet full o’ grime.
“Now, you animals listen up!” said the Gamemaster.
“I shall make his defeat all the more faster!”
The five could care less about Jethro’s big battle.
The feelings were mutual; but no one did prattle.
Instead, they watched as Jethro got his big showdown.
It was a fight that all thought Jethro would go down.

But all of a sudden, the fight came to an end.
That’s all because Jethro refused to contend.
No, it’s not that he didn’t think fighting was wrong.
It’s because he knew the Gamemaster’s weakness all along.
“You know what to expect because you call the shots.”
“Time for something different. I’ll tie you in a knot.”
“And if you wondered how I defeated your minions.”
“It just so happened that I made the same decisions.”

And with this sudden surprise, the Gamemaster did abate.
That’s when he collapsed like a forty ton weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment