About Me

My photo
This is the blog where I talk about the latest movies I've seen. These are my two Schnauzers, Rufus (left) and Marley (right, RIP). As of now, the Double Hollywood Strikes are officially over. May the next strikes not last as long as these ones did.

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Jethro the Cat Part 2

The Poem was too long to fit in one post
So here's part two to keep you engrossed:

I slightly revised a line of my ten year old poem. To correct a continuity error. I accidentally mentioned a "Beavis" and "Cletus" after I changed them to "Buck" and "Baxter." It's corrected now.

This was the group that came to meet the Gamemaster.
There was Jethro and Vance, and a dog known as Baxter.
A swine known as Bo, and Daisy Mae and then there was Buck,
Which, by the way, was the name of a duck.
“You want to go there?” the Gamemaster did ask.
“Just follow my scenario; it’ll put you to task.”
Before he could say anymore, Jethro let out a big roar.
“Come on, fella,” he shouted, “don’t be a big bore.”
“I want to go there; I want to see it this second.”
“So, Mr. Gamemaster, some action I do reckon.”
To the above, the Gamemaster just said one thing:
“OK, you cat, if you wish; this is where you zing!”

And with these words, he sent them on their way.
They traveled dimensions and arrived in a day.
For Jethro, who’d never left home, there was amazing.
He felt home right away, his excitement took wing.
The Gamemaster himself, or at least a projection,
Visited the group for a routine inspection.
He decided to tell them the scenario he made,
For the group of those he managed to persuade.
“Your mission, my friends,” the Gamemaster began,
“Is to travel my world and find this man of evil.”
“His name is the Evil Sire, the master of upheaval.”
“He has minions on the prowl, who have one ambition.”
“To enforce the evil order, and slay the opposition.”
“But I‘m sure you‘ll win and beat them to submission.”
These were the last words before he ended transmission.

After the routine inspection, the group went exploring.
And saw sights that weren’t even boring.
Like the land made of sweets with chocolate not water,
The land of riches where no one needed a slaughter.
A green pasture was there that could never be polluted,
Which was so full of life that could never be uprooted.

It was in the green pasture did the group first see
A band of creatures that was exactly seven and three.
Three of them were trash piles that sprouted big limbs
And the rest were those that they called “Grimms.”
They were the monsters that went bump at night
Who were there before them all for a fight.
So, the group set forth for battle due to obligation,
But with a view of the rule book, they found a regulation.
Only four for a fight, no more and more less,
It seemed so unfair, Daisy Mae did confess.
But it wasn’t long before a group formation did advance.
They were Baxter and Bo, with Daisy Mae and Vance
It didn’t take long before the four animals did win,
And sent the lackeys to elsewhere, such as oblivion.
Going through the world, the animals were victorious.
With each battle won, their status was glorious.
But one grew impatient, for he’d been kept from the fight.
It was Jethro himself; to protest, he’d feel right.
“I don’t enjoy it here where the Gamemaster resides.”
“If this is how it is, then I’m not going in stride.”

Right in his lair, where volcanoes and smog laid about,
The Evil Sire was plotting; his evil knew no drought.
“I must maintain my world, the one of evil and fear,”
“These six that I see, their intentions so clear,”
“I must keep them from my lair, so dark and so scary.”
“So I’ll call for the ones who are never contrary.”
The ones that he summoned were his enforcers of order.
They viewed fairness and peace as simply disorder.
Their names were so feared that none dared speak them.
And that’s why they won’t be mentioned in this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment